Business Development Intern (paid + part-time/flexible working hours)
- Developing a strategy to communicate our services to potential clients
- Research into the media sector and their needs regarding inclusivity
- Making contact with clients and arranging meetings
- Creating collateral to market and communicate MD’s services
- Managing our CRM
- Building partnerships with like-minded organisations
- Coming up with new routes to market
- Interested in media
- Someone that understands the MD mission
- Be detailed, diligent and organised
- Confident and ready to pitch in where needed
- Able to represent MD to a variety of stakeholders
- Committed to targets and aiming to over deliver
Admin and Editorial Intern (paid + part-time/flexible working hours)
- Monitoring inbound requests and submissions
- Liaising with writers and the Editor
- Sub-editing, proof-reading, uploading content on the site
- Sourcing images, video and fact-checking when needed
- Promoting articles and content
- Monitoring for potential stories, seeking out talent and commissions
- Curating and managing our database of writers
- Researching and supporting our expansion into podcasts
- Creating and implementing administrative and editorial processes to support the MD team
- Diligent and organised
- A self-starter that is keen to plan their own work
- Interested in media and our editorial areas
- A huge fan of MD and committed to our editorial values
- Have proven experience in editorial work or content production, podcast experience an asset but not essential
- Flexible and able to pitch in with different tasks as needed
Media Diversified is a social enterprise working to enrich, engage and improve the UK’s media landscape. The organisation was founded in 2013 by filmmaker, Samantha Asumadu with a mission to challenge the homogeneity of voices in UK news media, through addressing the under-representation of BAME communities.
We carry out our mission in three ways.
An online magazine by and from diaspora
Our progressive digital platform features comment and opinion on subjects ranging from politics, society, culture and lifestyle, with a dedicated academic space providing insight from the humanities and social sciences on today’s issues.
MD Online showcases the rich diversity of journalistic and creative talent within BAME communities and acts as a supportive space for individuals to grow and develop, whilst driving forward conversations with our engaged audience.
You can contribute to our independent platform by subscribing here.
Consultancy and collaborations
To support and drive wider progress towards representation and inclusivity in the media and creative industries, we offer dedicated consultancy, training and partnership opportunities.
Find out more about how you can work with us here.
Publications, campaigns and events
Since we started we’ve published two books, Complicit No More and From the Lines of Dissent, created an awards ceremony for poor-quality journalism, The Trashies, launched the Bare Lit Festival of writing, and the Jhalak Prize book award.